• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcat t180

galoot

Is there any way to unlock the hydraulic controls manually. I have had so many electrical problems I just wired around the computer to start and run but it will not move or lift. Can this be converted to manual or just be bypassed

mikebramel

Depends what kind of controls on the valve you have. Some have an electric actuator eliminating the linkage others have a lock solenoid that keeps the controls from being moved

crewchief888

Is there any way to unlock the hydraulic controls manually. I have had so many electrical problems I just wired around the computer to start and run but it will not move or lift. Can this be converted to manual or just be bypassed

basically no.

brake and hyd system locks are controller by the computer...

:drinkup

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
galoot, I believe you should familiarize yourself with the forum rules, this one in particular:

Personal attacks of any kind on other members will not be tolerated. While disagreements in opinions and procedures may arise, they must be handled in a mature manner.

Although your comments are not a hyper inflammatory personal attack, calling someone "a special kind of stupid" could nevertheless be construed as intended to offend someone and will not be tolerated on HEF. I'm willing to give you a mulligan on this one for not knowing any better, but let it be a lesson learned. Moreover, I'm not at liberty to reveal what crewchief actually "knows" about Bobcats, but I can assure you, he does in fact know a great deal about them.

Let us all be courteous and carry ourselves with civility here.

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I feel I need to expound on my post above, specifically to galoot. It's not my intention to "single you out" in this matter, rather, as a Moderator, it is incumbent on me to take note of things that would concern forum rules. With that said, and in your defense, I can see where maybe you took note of being told "you have no idea". For my part, I'm just an observer of this, but allow me to offer and explanation of what crewchief might have meant by saying that, and no, I'm not in direct contact with him about this, but in my experience over many years manufacturers don't produce diagrams or information that tell the "watts" value of a particular component, neither do they produce diagrams of the watts of power that is sent to a particular component. What you typically see in mobile equipment diagrams is the volts, amps, or ohms of components. Yes, the volts and amps delivered to a particular component could be translated into watts, it's just not the norm to do so in mobile equipment, I think that's what crewchief was trying to say in less savory words. But let's not take such a misunderstanding to a point where any of us violate forum rules. We work hard here to keep HEF a place with a free exchange of information and ideas without a bunch of trash talk like other forums do. And it helps immensely when members help to insure that's the case here. Cheers to all. :)

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
No worries galoot, I just wanted to make sure we were all good here. :drinkup

ITAMECH61

Hi galoot the securyty sistem of the bobcat have a solenoids that restrict the movements of the machine if the computer dont send electric signal to this solenoids you can by pased this . Disconect the solenoids and put a wire whit batery current in a posite wiire osf the solenoid and other whit a graund of the machine whit this procedure you make the machine move but you dont work whit this configuration bacause is very dangerouse for the operator and peoples araund the machine, if this procedure is ok you must check the computer in autorized store

galoot

I thank you for your reply. The problem was no power to the switch or control panel. The owner of the machine bought parts and they didn't fix it. I ended up with the machine I have the machine unlocked but need to figure the original problem out because it is unsafe.

ITAMECH61

Hi galoot the switch have one lectric wire coming from the battery of course tru fuse panel maybe the wire is broken or a fuse,porta fuse is damage check whit a tester the continuity of the circuit.you are near to solution this problem go.