• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T 200 tilt lift problems

Bubba

Occupation
Locomotive Engineer, Property Management, Clearing
Can anybody give me some advice on Bobcat T200 Tilt / Lift actuator - controller problems. Mine got locked up and gave me a code 32 -34. It kept raising the boom and tilting back until it got to the top. Then I couldn't reset the instruments panel. the lift / tilt light would not reset. I had to lower it with the release valve on the right side of the seat. I could shut it off and restart and i could hear something clicking. I called the bobcat dealer and he advised that the actuator or the spool were not centered. I loaded it up and they had it about 2 weeks and claim they got other codes and indicate a shortage. Now he tells me that he has replaced the actuator ($757.00 + 2 hrs labor) tried a new controller, disconnected the harness and may need to replace the complete harness ($3000.00) I need to stop the bleeding somehow. Anybody can shed a lite on this would certainly be appreciated.

Hardline

Occupation
Small business owner
Wow sounds like the dealer is just throwing parts at your machine. I think I would tell them to reinstall the old actuator and not charge you for something that was not broken. I assume the new controller did not fix the problem? Have they disconnected the harness and test out all of the wiring and confirm that there is a short or are they just guessing that it must be the problem?