• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat Fuel Shut off Solenoid

catnip2377

I am having a bit of a problem with my S130.

Today after running it for an hour and a bit it starting shutting off and giving the 14-02 code : Fuel shut-off pull solenoid error On

It would continue to start up and shut down a few second later. After letting it sit for a while it would run for another 15-20 mins and then throws the code and shuts down.

I checked all the connections to the solenoid and they all seem ok. Fuses are all good.

Can anyone tell me what my next step should be?

Thanks for your help.

smokey1

Occupation
Builder/Owner
A lot of skid steers use the fuel shut off to quickly kill the engine. I would check out the circuit for a seat or safety belt switch. some machines have a service overide switch that will bypass the kill circuit. My first area would be the seat area. good luck

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
it is more that likely the fuel solenoid its self or a relay on the fuse box look at the cover and it will tell you whitch on it is swap it with the light relay and see if that fixes it, it could also be a rubbed wire some where also or the computer try the relay first and see what that does those fuel **** off solenoids are a few hundred dollars

lghighwayman

Occupation
Transportation
Anyone know a good online place to buy a Bobcat S185 fuel solenoid??? I am dealing with a skid steer that like the others in the posts will run for a few seconds and then shut off. I had to zip tie the plunger back just to get it out of the hole I happened to be in, it was running fine then idiot buzzered me and quit. Trouble code 13-06.

rhurst

I have an 04 T190 with just over 1000 hours. I have had this same issue on and off since 06. My local dealer came out to my job when it shut off the first time and replaced the fuel solenoid. ( same code as above.) In 08 it did the same thing. I replaced the solenoid at that time. I have had periodic times in between when the machine would shut off. After 30 min of sitting it would restart and run with no problem. Two weeks ago the machine shut off again and would not restart. I resigned myself to buy a new $300 solenoid. Prior to installing the new solenoid the machine sat for 2 days and it started up the first try. (saved that solenoid)
I am at the mercy of this tempermental machine. I never know when it's going to shut off leaving me stranded.

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
wires swapped? Pull coil and hold coil, has one hi amp circuit for cranking and another low amp for running, all inside the same solenoid