• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat E35i

dfilo456

OK guys I have run into a snag I can get a e32 for the same price as a e35i zero tail swing the biggest difference is the hp e32 is 33 and the 35i is 24.7 also the E32 is 59.9" wide and the e35i is 69" we are using this machine for general purpose and my price is 36500 with canopy quick tach and 12" bucket I would like your guys thoughts about these 2 units

skippy

on the e32 is it the it4 with the Kubota motor or the t4 model I have run both if the e32 is a it model I would go with the e32 its a great machine and as fare as I can tell has the lest issues

skippy

i would buy the e32 has no track issues and a tested motor and will have a better resale value being that it has the it4 motor good luck on the buy

pondo

Hi. I have 2012 e32....really like it...hydraulic quick attach is amazing and saves so many hrs and stress of pounding pin...fun you ask about the "i" series....I previously. Had a 329 which I think was the first "i" series. It was really watered down 331... Where you really notice the lack of hp was where tracking/catting both in speed (snails would pass me) and in power to climb. But I got great deal a day it got me into a real machine from my 322 (1.6 ton) I would not have my client base with a 322.... Sorry off topic...
So I don't see advantage to e35 zero tail as it's 10" wider....same swing area as e32...if you won't hit e35 you won't hit with e32...
Go with e32....if you are in northern states I highly recommend full cab...more billable hrs when operator is comfortable :)

Last edited:

Digteam6

If it were me I would go with the e32 just because it has the kubota.in my opinion horsepower it not that important in an excavator. But I would like to know how the doosan motor holds up over time

dfilo456

I ended up getting the e32 it has been a great machine the only real difference between the e32 and e35 is track width every thing else is the same these companys seem to be quite proud of having zero tail swing so the 35 was a lot more expensive we ended up at 35500 with factory hydrolic thumb and upgraded key pad start and hydraulic bobtach. Not really a concern for us but might be for others is with the smaller track width when lifting rocks you have to be aware of the weight rotating out side the tracks. The machine will get tippy real quick but not front to back. I think this could be solved very easy with a small counter weight, digging in dirt and normal use no problem. Yes I would buy it again.
Another thing I like with the bobcat is I'm a big guy and my feet don't do well in little spaces with boots. All your functions are on your joysticks thumb position, clamp on right and boom swing on left plus you can control hydraulic feed on the thumb so slow medium and fast closure of the clamp.

It's a standard arm no extra weight.

Last edited:

dfilo456

I forgot to add I have the dooson engine it4 it has no def or reginit has been great with no problems and no running problems in the winter.

pondo

What year e32 did u get? How many hrs?
I think will appreciate narrower machine. I have squeezed into many sites that e35 could not.

dfilo456

It is labeled a 2015 but was built in October 2014 and sold in October were just coming up on 2 years and 200 hours we don't use the machine a lot in the winter in Ohio but we use it almost every day in the summer.