• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 773g Shut-off Solenoid

arborist

Having trouble fixing trouble code 13-07.

I replaced the solenoid, did not help. I have traced all the power and grounds at the relay and looking at the wiring diagram, I am missing two signals coming from the controller to the relay. Basically I have power to the coming from the battery into #30 on the relay and ground coming into #85. Then I have a wierd quasi ground coming from the computer into 87 that goes away when you turn the switch and then no power or ground on 87 Here is a pic of the wiring diagram. Thanks for any I ideas. BTW I have back probed to the controller to verify connections there.

Also just wondering if the codes need to be reset by the dealer?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 9.27.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 9.27.22 PM.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,669

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to HEF arborist. :drinkup

The short and skinny of how it works: All power to the shutoff solenoid comes from the ECU. When you go to start the engine, the keyswitch (or keypad) sends an signal to the ECU that you're starting the engine. The ECU then does two things, 1) it sends a signal to the Fuel relay, powers up the relay, which sends battery voltage to wire 8100 (red/pull wire) at fuel solenoid, and 2) the ECU sends a direct voltage signal (no relay) to wire 8800 (white/hold wire) at fuel solenoid. The power on 8100/red is only on for a few moments, then ECU takes power away from the Fuel relay to kill that circuit, wire 8800 stays powered up via ECU.

You need to do an ohms test on the fuel solenoid. Between white and black wire should be 0.26 ohm, between red and black wire should be 10.9 ohm.

arborist

Thanks! I purchased solenoid from the dealer today. I assumed being brand new it was ok. Does the solenoid need to be installed for the ohms test to work? More background: I purchase the machine without the solenoid at all, they where just using a spring to hold the fuel lever over. Also the starter had been direct wired to a pushbutton switch in order to get the machine to start? Got the machine for a cheap price but with these two problems.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Given that additional information, there's likely more work to be done to fix it. :Banghead

The ohm test doesn't require solenoid to be installed, your testing the internal coils. If you have a new solenoid and it still doesn't work, unlikely the solenoid is the problem.

arborist

Sorry, The machine is in good condition all the other controls work correctly and I have changed all the fluid and such. What I assume happened is that the previous owners had a problem with the solenoid. Didn't fix it and then wired up the starter since the code caused the machine not to start. For some reason I feel like the code is stuck in the machine now though. Like if I could clear it, it wouldn't come back. since all the wiring tests good.

I called the dealer and they said they have a laptop that can clear the code. I would think there would be some other way.

crewchief888

Sorry, The machine is in good condition all the other controls work correctly and I have changed all the fluid and such. What I assume happened is that the previous owners had a problem with the solenoid. Didn't fix it and then wired up the starter since the code caused the machine not to start. For some reason I feel like the code is stuck in the machine now though. Like if I could clear it, it wouldn't come back. since all the wiring tests good.

I called the dealer and they said they have a laptop that can clear the code. I would think there would be some other way.

the code is stored by the main controller, there is no "clearing" it.
the dealer can retrieve the store faults with service software, and can see what may have caused the problem in the 1st place.....

without seeing what axactly is going on, ad with the symptom you are describing, you may have a main controller problem. thats going to be something only the dealer can fix.

:drinkup

arborist

Thanks guys. I ended up wiring up a switch and a pushbutton start to fix this to bypass the computer. Not perfect but after 8 hours of wiring checks....