• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 763 Fuel Leaking Behind Fly Wheel

d12hazz

I have fuel pouring out behind my fly wheel, inside the casing. Motor, hydrostatic pump, drive motors, and just about every hose has been rebuit or replaced. Both rear motor mount bolts were not put back, so I can lift motor up to look under. Fuel lines are not leaking and the fuel is definitly coming out behind the fly wheel. Under the motor is completly dry and the fuel leaks from the fly wheel casing behind the fly wheel. Anyone have any suggestions? I can post a pic if a visual is needed. Thanks!

Delmer

I can't imagine where it would be coming from since I don't do bobcats. To find it, I'd pressure test the fuel system with the engine off, try to simulate the engine running. If the fuel pump doesn't make it leak, then try cranking with the injection pump off to see if you can reproduce the leak. With that much leaking it should be easy to trace with LESS fuel leaking, and the engine off so you can get closer in to look.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I KNOW this is a "dumb" question but have you pulled the dipstick??
THAT MUCH FUEL, IF its coming from the flywheel HAS TO be coming from the engine..

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
THAT MUCH FUEL, IF its coming from the flywheel HAS TO be coming from the engine..

And you wouldn't even know the crankcase is full of fuel until you pulled the dipstick.

d12hazz

Yes, that was the first thing i did. No fuel was in the oil. Thats what I was wondering if the fuel was coming from the oil pan, because it's next to the area the fuel is leaking from. What would cause the fuel to leak into the motor?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I'd be tempted to go to the parts store & get some dye.. This has me stumped too..
OR just use some "red" fuel & a black lite.. she'll glow like a diamond in a black goats ass..

crewchief888

Fuel return hose the top of the tank could be broken or disconnected. Tank could be cracked. Does it leak all the time, or only when the tank is full?
you could put a little air pressure at the filler neck and start listening/ looking
:eek:

d12hazz

Fuel return hose the top of the tank could be broken or disconnected. Tank could be cracked. Does it leak all the time, or only when the tank is full?
you could put a little air pressure at the filler neck and start listening/ looking
:eek:

I already checked the line, no cracks. It only leakes while running. I start the machine up and once it warms up for about five minutes the fuel will stsrt leaking out. There are no leaks around the intake either.

d12hazz

I'd be tempted to go to the parts store & get some dye.. This has me stumped too..
OR just use some "red" fuel & a black lite.. she'll glow like a diamond in a black goats ass..

I have off road diesel in there, red dyed fuel. The oil is very clear, machine hasn't been ran much since the motor was rebuilt. I actually had to paint the dip stick just to see the oil. There is definitely no fuel in the oil pan.