• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 753 no steering

mikebramel

Yes, not a 1" JIC at 1 3/8". Probably is a gates hose. They have "HD" oversized nuts LOL. Or it's an O ring face?

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Yeah, 1 3/8" hex would tend to indicate an ORFS fitting, I just don't think the 753 had many ORFS fittings on them, they were pretty much JIC, but I can't say for certain.

birchwood

OK I just came in, I got the right caps today they are -12 flat face caps. I unhooked and checked both drive motors and got the same results, 80 to 85 at idle and 130 to 135 at full throttle after it gets to temp. I say when it gets to temp the temp gauge isn't working at present time so when I say up to temp that's after it runs a few minutes. when its cold it starts out about 100 at idle and 150 at full throttle. I hope this does not mean the main pump is out.

birchwood

Can anyone tell me where the charge pressure check valve and charge relief valve is located on the 753? I have a parts manual and maintenance manual on order, should be here soon. I just wanted check and make sure there is not any trash in them.

crewchief888

Can anyone tell me where the charge pressure check valve and charge relief valve is located on the 753? I have a parts manual and maintenance manual on order, should be here soon. I just wanted check and make sure there is not any trash in them.

typically they are on the back of the pump, towards the engine, in the charge pump housing between the hydrostatic pump halves.

:eek:

birchwood

Thanks crewchief, sorry for not responding sooner we were expecting some bad storms yesterday and the wife would not let me turn on the computer. I hope to get on the bobcat this weekend and try to isolate this charge pressure issue . I looked at the pump last night and it looks like I am going to have fun getting to these valves.