• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Block heater

Brandon_M

Occupation
Self employed
I purchased a Kats 30115 block heater for a 4bt cummins. I thought that it went in the plug on the block behind the alternator but it won't fit. I can't find a plug that it'll fit in. Any ideas of where the 3/4" plug maybe at for this is? Thanks

Brandon_M

Occupation
Self employed
IMG_1779.JPG IMG_1778.JPG The first pic is a Allen plug behind the alternator but it's to small for the threaded block heater. The other pic is right behind the oil cooler but it looks like a mini freeze plug, not sure if it's threaded or not.

Brandon_M

Occupation
Self employed
Yeah it's a 4bt, unless it's a aftermarket block maybe. I don't know. I purchased it as a remanufactored 4bt. On the side where the oil cooler is it only has 1 larger freeze plug & then the smaller 1 that was in the pic. I don't see anywhere else with a threaded plug for it.

lantraxco

Yeah it's a 4bt, unless it's a aftermarket block maybe. I don't know. I purchased it as a remanufactored 4bt. On the side where the oil cooler is it only has 1 larger freeze plug & then the smaller 1 that was in the pic. I don't see anywhere else with a threaded plug for it.
Oh yeah, tracking now... apparently the knockoff block just use a core plug? Here's a pic:

Attachments

• QSB-Heater-Ports-768x1024.jpg
    QSB-Heater-Ports-768x1024.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 19