• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best ratchet binder brand

Jasexc

What are the best brands of ratchet boomers and not china crap either. Currently i use crosby lebus and have decent luck just wondering what other brands are quality.

Shimmy1

What are the best brands of ratchet boomers and not china crap either. Currently i use crosby lebus and have decent luck just wondering what other brands are quality.

I'm not sure what brand Johnson Trailer sells, but I think they are as good as any other. I think they're made in US. Biggest problem with any ratchet binder is lubrication. Keep a can of Fluid Film in the truck, spray them up whenever they get wet and they all do the job.

Wes J

That's the ones I was thinking of. Next time that's what I'm buying. I like the folding handle and that the ends can't unscrew and fall out of the body.

Oxbow

I bought the same at Tulsa Chain online for quite a bit less than listed on that website.

movindirt

I use the ones that TSC sells, not sure of the brand, but they are 3/8"-1/2", lubricated daily and used daily on and off 3 or 4 times a day, have 4 of them that are 3 or 4 years old, still working fine, not worn too much. iirc they were about $45. The key to having nice binders is to keep them lubed up, once the threads start getting rusty its a major pain.

mitch504

AW Direct has the quick binder plus 3/8-1/2 7100lb wll for $45.95, and the 3/8-1/2 12,000lb wll for $53.55

JoshA

Occupation
Excavation contractor
I've got 4 of those QuickFit Plus that are mentioned above for the 5/8s chain and 6 of the regular non-flex handle (3/8s-1/2) like shown here :

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Cargo-Control/Glacier/PRLB-3812.html

The things I don't like about the quick fit is the balance of it, makes it a little awkward to use, whereas the fixed handles work excellent to drop in a stake pocket or pin hole and rapidly extend or retract it.

The nice thing on the quick fit is the extension stops, but I do wish it had longer travel, 5/8s chain is heavy, always has some slack in it, and machines on tires have a lot of compression, really annoying running out of threads and still not 110% tight !

The fixed handles seem to have longer travel, but then can fall right out .

Neither have enough traction on the barrel to twist it with wet gloves, though the quick fit tries.

Have had some issues with the button / switch on the quick fit sticking .

Mark13

I have 4 or 5 of those quikbinders. The folding handle is nice to keep them out of the way, they store easier in a box, and you won't get snagged on the handle depending where you have the binder at on the equipment. I also have a couple lever/snap binders that I don't know who the manufacturer is but they're the same color as the quikbinders. They lock closed with a little thumb tab and there's some adjustment in one of the hooks via a threaded rod so you can get things very tight but not to the point you think you over did it or you know it's not tight but the next chain link is way to tight.