• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best places to look for track loader

user256

After spending too much time on this forum we can't stop thinking about buying some heavy equipment for a 400 acre ranch in Central Texas. My neighbor says there's no question a track loader would be his first purchase (road maintenance, dam maintenance, clearing, etc) and so we've been looking for something like a 953/963/973 (budget up to maybe 50k). I've been a little surprised at how much supply I see of wheel loaders and not track loaders at guys like Ritchie Brothers (582 vs 22 in North America). We're pretty convinced, if money weren't a factor, track is the way to go for our use and the terrain (rocky, steep hills, and muddy in some areas) but was hoping to get thoughts on whether current good prices on something like wheel loaders (or even dozers or excavators) may make that a better first piece of equipment to buy.

Also, thoughts on where to look for a used track loader would be appreciated (right now we're monitoring RB, ironsearch, machinerytrader, and some others we stumbled on).

Thanks

-DJ

chrismatin

I've got 3 track loaders, here in Texas. Considering selling one, I'm in Lockhart area. I use them for everything. Brush clearing, loading dump trucks, rough & fine grading, demolition, cleaning out& building tanks & roads. The most versatile piece of equipment, with the right operator.

user256

great, don't think i can pm yet as a new account so can you send me specs - dhorton at gmail