• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

best grease?

BigChris

Writing on my Chinese IPad…I have not problem with Chinese products, but I’ve always just used the Mobil 222 because it’s supposed to be good for just about everything and I don’t want to buy a lot of different greases. Should I be considering just a regular multi purpose?

Pyro4x4

There have been a lot of good greases mentioned here. The best I can say is look to buy your grease from a company that specializes in lubrication. Not from a diesel supplier that has lubrication. Of course the names mentioned here could be ranked for quality but it all depends on the price of the product as well.

blitz138

I agree somethings out of china work, but it certainly raises some flags. I wouldnt trust it on machines that mean your livelihood.

Id say a multipurpose EP grease.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
frntlineteschsup what's your association with Stryker Distributors?:cool2

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Please take a moment to read the Forum rules, specifically this section -

Advertising of goods and services are not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may start one introductory thread explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

Special Note: Vendors of goods or services, or their representatives, who join the forums and make no worthwhile contributions other than to post multiple links to said goods and services are considered spammers. Spammers will have their posts removed, and their membership terminated with extreme prejudice.

Since you are associated with Stryker Distributors, this is you "freebie".

Allgood

My eyes crossed while reading this thread, so I just skipped to the end. I ended up with a case of Cat #2 EP with molly dropped off instead of what I regularly use in my grease guns. In my uneducated greasmanship, I compared the ratings etc., and they seemed the same as best I could tell. The only thing that seems weird is that this case of Cat brand grease is white in color. In the opinion of you educated greaseheads (a compliment, not an insult), since I ended up being told to just keep the case of grease, will it work fine in greasing the numerous grease points on my excavators, tractors and track loaders? I'm not into arguing what is better etc. I've been using the red Lucas Tuff Tac stuff for decades (because that's what I got with my first machine) and I've never had any issues. Heck, on my mowers my spindles show no measurable wear after 2000 hours which pleases the heck out of me. I really am asking if I can expect the same good qualities out of the white colored Caterpillar brand (yes, I'm aware that Cat doesn't make grease) grease tubes as I have the Lucas I've used forever?

dixon700

Occupation
heavy truck mechanic
I use Mobil delvac extreme grease or wally world high moly or tsc traveller's 3% moly grease. I've never had any issues.

dixon700

Occupation
heavy truck mechanic
Lately been using the travellers multi purpose hd lithium grease from tractor supply. Well the store made a mistake and I ended up getting 10 tubes for $1.89 before I could notify them of the mistake. So i figure for that price o can just throw the grease to her .