• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Axle needed

vinrum

Hey guys, I have a 5 ton equipment trailer, and over the weekend I lost a tire on one of the axles, and it chewed the end of the spindle...Is there a place in the northeast that sells them used, and if not, where could I find a new one.. It has the utg 5 spoke hubs...

Thanks

Steve

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Hey guys, I have a 5 ton equipment trailer, and over the weekend I lost a tire on one of the axles, and it chewed the end of the spindle...Is there a place in the northeast that sells them used, and if not, where could I find a new one.. It has the utg 5 spoke hubs...

Thanks

Steve

Whoever bought out Conn. Driveshaft, I think it might be Fleetpride...Would be able to direct you to the company that actually redoes the spindle once it's been demo'd like yours. They are a mobile outfit that will come to your doorstep and repair it on site. Or, you can remove the axle and bring it to them ,if it's convenient. Depending on the amount of damage it has, they sometimes will cut the bad one completely off, and electrically glue a new one back on.

Also, try calling Camerota's Truck Parts. One in New Haven, Enfield, Westborough, Ma., Bow, N.H. They'd be able to direct you to the same outfit that repairs wounded spindles. I almost forgot; try this contraption once you're done reading my nonsense, and search for trailer spindle repair, or something of the likes.

Good Luck!:drinkup

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Yeah, I think you would be better off having the spindle repaired/replaced like Lowboy said. It looks difficult to do since its welded but its pretty easy, with the right tools. The guys Lowboy spoke of should have it back going in no time. It'll save you from having to pull and install the axle and would also save you the trouble of finding a replacement.

atgreene

If it's a 5 ton trailer, is it dual axle? Thats a 5000 lb axle, you can buy that cheap. R H Scales here in Portland sold me a 6000 lb axle for around $180 or so. You may also find it at Northerntool.com

Good luck

Just in case, R H Scales # is 207 797 0323

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
watch what you buy always remeber safety first and buy from a good dealer, i myself worked at a truck shop that had 36 trucks over 200 trailers and i could have taking short cuts to save money but what if it was so cheap it killed someone.......... sometimes the extra couple dollars doesnt matter in the long run