• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ATCOEQUIP thanks on Hyster

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
I knew what you where telling me was true i needed to empty and get trash out of tank but i couldnt for the life of me figure out how because i couldnt remove it,,.. so i went underside looked at drainplug had to drill hole in drain plug cause i could get it out someone had used a chisel on it ,, ez outs wouldnt do it so i just drilled thur plug and drain tank ... then it hit me the hole in tank where fuel sending unit sit was small 1 1/4 ,i borrowed a rigid sea snake to see tank inside and wooooooooooowwwwwww it was full of red and blue permatex , black paint chips and rust... so i got a shop vac and downsized it 4 times from 2 3/4 to 3/4 airline hose tie strapped it to a clothes hanger so i could bend and push it to the trash... shop vac reduced down to 3/4 is a bad ass if it was too large to go in hose it held it til i pulled it out and sea snake let me watch as it was sucked up... about the time i finished shop vac was smoking lol ,and done for...... but hyster is up running and so far so good .............thanks

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well, your quite welcome. ;)

But, no need to thank me, I just persuaded you to accept what you knew all along, that is, thrash in a fuel tank doesn't go away...it just continually comes back to haunt you. :tong

Next time you have to vacuum a confined space, try my "suck bucket" method with a shop vac. Keeps the shop vac a whole lot...cleaner? Read post 43 of this thread, https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=14609&page=3