• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone Using Wacker's small dumpers?

rossaroni

Just a feeler to see what you think about them. Haven't had a chance to operate or use in real life, but look tempting for my kind of jobs. Lets hear it: good, bad and ugly

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I just came back from Germany and Austria, they seem to be the hometown favorite there.

Digdeep

I've seen a few Terex units around, but I don't think they're popular here like they are in Europe. I understand that they are really popular in the UK.

rossaroni

I did speak with Terex, but was told by my local rep at Modern Equipment that they have a single TA3 in stock in SC, and wont be making or importing any more stateside until the rest of the world makes the mfg go to IT4 engines. Looks like Wacker will be the only game in town.

joispoi

If the 1501 is anything like their bigger dumpers, you're going to be very pleased with it. I had a 9,000 liter dumper on a job back in January and I was very impressed with it. We had it heaped with clay and had to drive up a wet clay incline to the dump spot. I was very impressed. I also had a 3000 liter dumper on a job this spring. We moved about 300 tons of sand, crushed aggregate and gravel. The forward traction on that machine impressed me. The swivel hopper makes sanding trenches easy.

rossaroni

Spent some time with the dumper since I last checked in. The long and short of it - I would leave the skid loader at home every single day of the week and take this and the excavator. 5 gallons runs it a day and change, quiet, easy on, easy off, faster than the skid, carries three times more than the skid, and I've had zero lawn repairs to do because of torn up yards. I can load stone into the dumper from the chutes on the truck, which really saves on cleanup. All said, I've been able to cut most 2 day jobs that were bid before I bought this down to 1 day. When I do need all three pieces, the mini and the dumper both fit side by side on the tag, leaving room for the skid at the rear of the trailer. So nice to be able to haul in 3 pieces of equipment and 10 tons of stone (yeah, I've only got a single axle) at once, and bang out a job having all of the tools to do it right there.
I bought scrubbers from Foley for both the mini and the dumper for an interior job at a healthcare center coming up this week. Game plan is to put the ex inside, run spoils out with the dumper, load stone into the dumper with the skid (outside), and run the dumper back in to stone in the trenches. It all works out in my head, hope it all works out on the job

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Glad to hear you like your dumper, there seems to be some increase in excavators buying these machines. There is a guy on another forum who recently bought one. He wonders how he got along without one. I would like one as well. I think they would be very handy, a couple of the right type of jobs a year and it pays its way.