• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone own a Takeuchi TB135?

trailmaker

138 with mower

138 with mower

Attachments

• IMG_0217 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0217 (Small).JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 2,208
  • IMG_0218 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0218 (Small).JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 2,167
  • IMG_0219 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0219 (Small).JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,186

trailmaker

Better than a machete, although I think that if you had a lot of flat land a skid steer with some kind of mulching head would be faster. I went with the excavator because we have a lot of steep hillsides that have roads cut along them, and I plan on making some atv trails in the future.

rhbm89

used hydraulic oil tank 2006 tb135

I have a used hydraulic oil tank off of a 2006 tb135 i rented from united and has a small dent in it. would like to get my insurance money back out of it asking $650.00. Any help any of you guys could give me would be great this is my first post.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You are correct the 153/145 have less flow. 14.8 vs 15.6 gpm The nice thing is you can actually upgrade the 153/145 to high flow over 35 gpm. You can throw on a mulching head and get to work. It really is not that much more expensive.

Although this is old, I checked into this and according to TK themselves you can not combine pump flow and create a high flow system on the 153. You can on the 180 but not the 153. That sucks. They know that the low flow is an issue now as more guys are using their mini x for mowers and hoe pacs, but so far they have not responded to the market. I am hoping that changes.

morfej

Tb135

Does anybody knows an original RAL Colour Code that Takeuchi use for TB135 ?

Thanx

wardster

Still looking for a larger machine than the TB007 - which by the way I have been thoroughly impressed with for a tiny machine! It seems overall that Takeuchi seems to get really good reviews from people so here's what I have come across. Found a 2001 TB135 with 2600 hrs, no thumb, no cab - just canopy, 3cyl Yanmar yada yada yada. I've got a couple jobs where a larger machine will be needed. I'm considering dumping the Thomas Skidsteer and getting a Takeuchi tracked skid steer too... but that won't be 'till the spring. Our trailer is good for 7 ton so it looks like this machine and the skidsteer will still ride fine together. Breakout force, digging depth etc looks good for this machine. The guy's asking $12,000 USD, considering the value of the CDN $, this looks like a great deal to me considering a comparable machine Canada seems to be going for closer to $20,000. Any thoughts in general regarding the machine, price etc would be appreciated. Are fully enclosed cabs and heat available for this machine??
Thanks for the input!!!
i have owned TBo35 for about 3 years. I am impressed every time i get on it. it has 3500 hrs. on it and don't miss a lick. My dad just bought a 2004 TB135 with 500hrs., hydr. thumb in excellent condition for only 14,000u.s. Their are auctions everywhere. I believe you can find a better deal. Look up Sun Belt Rentals, they have alot. Good luck you cant go wrong with this machine.

good-dog

HI
When your buying a used Takeuchi is there a model/year you should stay away from,I read someware that some parts are not available.I see a lot of 135 around which is a little big, would like to get a 3 to 4 ton and is a rubber track the way to go,or is it better to go steel.It will be used to clean up a 39 ac bush lot.What would you say about a 1989 TB 36 3.5 ton ask $13000
thanks any recomendation

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
Too old, and too much money, unless it has very low hours and was owned by a little old lady that used it to plow her driveway once a year....

HI
When your buying a used Takeuchi is there a model/year you should stay away from,I read someware that some parts are not available.I see a lot of 135 around which is a little big, would like to get a 3 to 4 ton and is a rubber track the way to go,or is it better to go steel.It will be used to clean up a 39 ac bush lot.What would you say about a 1989 TB 36 3.5 ton ask $13000
thanks any recomendation

dirtdoctor

The 138FR is a great machine the side shift boom is the best thing to happen to mini's. I would be glad to answer any question and if you need to buy anything I will give you a great deal.

Iam looking at purchasing a new 138 fr Iam getting rid of a 35D john deere can you tell me any good or bad about machine

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have never run the 138FR. I have had two of the 53 sized machines. I can speak generally of the design. Good. Its probably the most versatile mini ex on the market. It will likely run much bigger than it is. The side to side motion of the boom is a great idea. You can offset dig without pulling the machine around like what happends with a typical swing boom. It is easy to dump into high sided trucks with the boom that articulates along side the cab. After running this machine design for almost ten years now, it would be difficult run anything else.

Bad. There are a lot grease zerks with the design and thus a lot of moving parts. TK for whatever reason is light on aux. flow. I know that this is being addressed with the newer models. I have just under 2K on my 153. Starting to see some electrical gremlins. Another excavator friend of mine near me also has one and we are seeing the identical problems. He has about 2K on his. We were both talking today about these machines. We both agree. They are not perfect but they do things that no other mini can.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The dealer is offering me 30K for on a trade right now. I would like to be out of this one around 2500 hours. I suppose that would leave me a trade value of around the mid 20's. I want to be out of it before the boom mechanics needs attention. It looks expensive.

coopers

...and I'm making a guess that you'll look into another TB153FR? I've noticed United Rentals has recently purchased several new TB153FR's...with cabs! Not normal for Washington. I would like to get in one and try one out.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I likely would get another. Although I will demo the CX55, when the time comes.

atgreene

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I hate to start a new one. My tb135 won't start. I have 12v to the key switch, 12v out of the switch, but no dash lights, no starter, no fuel pump.

Talked to the dealer and they haven't been any help. My mechanic says there must be an ignition relay that is bad. Anyone had this issue? Anyone know where the relay would be?

Its an '05 with 3600 hours.

Thanks!

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
There is a big black box with about twenty wires going into it, its the master "computer?" I think the relay might be built into that. B-(
Id try reseating the connectors first, un plug everything one, by one, and replug them. (After looking at their condition, if they look crappy, they probably are.)

atgreene

I think we found the problem. Found the wire harness where it goes behind the motor, right below the starter, was chaffed. Found a couple other places as well. If you own a tak, keep an eye on your harness, I can't be the only one.