• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

any advice working with sand?

Fordman

I've been trying to move this fill sand in my garage with my backhoe, but it really doesnt seem to get enough traction with the backhoe. anybody have to do a job like this? I could easily get in there with my skidsteer but I wouldnt want to drive over that front foundation wall. Anything beats hand shoveling another triaxle load ha ha. thanks

Attachments

• 20160805_205606.jpg
    20160805_205606.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 158

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Use sand to ramp over the front and use the skidsteer just like 99% of the commercial jobs.

Delmer

Will the skidsteer fit with a foot of sand over the top of the front foundation wall? Even six inches compacted on both sides would be enough to make me comfortable. Whether the skid steer will get stuck in that loose sand is another question.

hetkind

Due to very wet and soft soil condition, we hand spread 8 yards of sand and gravel on a site last week... track loader placed on one side from the road and we just raked and shoveled...

Howard