• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Antique Logging Tools or Machinery on Dispay

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Gordy I., Gordy asked me to post this , but I admit I'm not familiar with organization , could anybody out there tell me a little about it ?scan1323.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Photo by Bill Elliott , 1956 International R-200 Series engine 406 Diamond Gas owned by Bill Robertson Honeymoon Bay B.C. picture taken at Lake Cowichan Parade May 22 , 2006 .scan1324.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Gordy I. Gordy's cloned Malloch & Moseley LW 924 Kenworth on its way to Marble Bay Campsite on Meads Cr. Rd. after " Hayes Over the Bay " truck show at Honeymoon Bay B.C. Summer of 2004 .scan 1332.jpg Gordy's LW at Hayes Over the Bay scan 1333.jpgDenis & Yvonne Ruttan with Hayes Forest Service's restored 1939 Hayes .scan 1334.jpgRankin Family restored 1942 Dodge , this may have been Trav Rankin's first logging truck .scan 1335.jpg
At Hayes Over the Bay at Honeymoon Bay B.C. 2004

Last edited:

camptramp

Occupation
Went to the Forest Discovery Center in Duncan today to take some pictures of some very nice trucks at the Antique Truck Show . I had a "Good" and "Bad" day , the bad part was my Digital Camera went south . The good news is that I ran into an old friend Kevin Baird and his wife Lesley-Ann ( anyone from BCFP Bear Cr. or Harris Cr. would have known Kevin's late Grandfather Roland Baird) who I was to learn was the late Bill Robertson's daughter . Bill Robertson had restored a 1956 International Tandem Logging Truck that he had owned and used for many years . After watching the truck sitting around collecting moss for a couple of years at Mesachie Lake , Lesley-Ann and Kevin decided to take her Fathers pride and joy to their home in Cobble Hill , to polish it up for the Duncan Truck Show. By the look of the shined up truck I would say it is in good hands. Not only did Bill do a great job on the restoration , he took pictures that Lesley-Ann and Kevin have loan us , he also let me drive their truck from the Truck Show back to Cobble Hill , made my day .
First picture is of the late Bill Robertson with his 1956 International at a Lake Cowichan Logging Truck Parade .scan613.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Kevin & Lesley-Ann Baird , Bill Robertson standing along side his newly restored 1956 International Logging Truck & Trailer out side his shop at Mesachie Lake B.C.scan633.jpgscan634.jpgscan635.jpgscan636.jpgscan637.jpg