• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Another What is This Thing?

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I found this where a truck could run over it. Solid steel, not a hose barb. About 5/8" on the big end and maybe 3/16 on the small.

IMG_20170505_084240676[1].jpg

The Peej

not a swedging tool since it has square shoulders. I like the driver idea since the large end looks mushroomed from striking

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Maybe it was a measuring device of some sort, go/no go gauge for ID of tubes? Of course anything resembling a punch will be used as such, possibly explaining the mushroomed ends....?

Junkyard

DIYDAVE

I know what it it, its abused! looks like somebody stole it outta a toolbox, used it to do a job it wasn't designed to do, then discarded it. Either that or that, and it fell off the truck that was hauling it to the scrapyard...

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I dont think its a bushing driver. It would not work on a shallow depth bushing. I like the sizing check idea althoug it looks long on each size for that.

Brodiesel

Occupation
My wife makes all the $$$.
I cant tell what scale it is, it looks a lot like some of the valve guide drivers I have.

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
agree with lantraxco ,this was similar to tasks I did for machine shop. instructor would check finish with torch and size with graded rings
Mark

TD24

Occupation
RETIRED (Mostly)
Looks like a cheaply made handy bushing driver we would have turned. Used to tap bushings into various caster wheels. Little thin split bushing for slow motion cage bearings
used for the caster wheels on hand powered push truck/buggies. Check a Colson/Hamilton/Payson caster dealer page for types used and various configurations. I have one in good
shape Ihad made here to use with Faultless casters years ago.

TD24

Occupation
RETIRED (Mostly)
Take mine, batter it up using as a blunt punch, let it rust, toss it around, then lose it... Wallah, your device.