• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

another field find

MG SUPER 500

Manuals...

That looks very nice Dwan :)

And here are some pics of my manuals that I got with the SG500 grader.
And on ALL manual's it's standing AUSTIN-WESTERN.....

Attachments

• DSC00619.JPG
    DSC00619.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,315
  • DSC00620.JPG
    DSC00620.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,298
  • DSC00621.JPG
    DSC00621.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,313
  • DSC00622.JPG
    DSC00622.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,298

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
I have the red one and 2 others.
Interesting an instruction manual on how to run a grader.

MG SUPER 500

Yeah... it's interesting that they made a manual about how to run it... :)
All books are in english, and contains allso a illustration part in the back of both black an the grey book :) It's not so often company's and owners take care of these books.

Super Roel

Aveling Barford

I wil post here a pic of a Henschel grader that looks similar to a A B grader .

I wil a post a Pic of a Aveling Austin and the Russian copy of a Austin Western .

Attachments

• Aveling Austin Pacer 400.jpg
    Aveling Austin Pacer 400.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,925
  • Russian copy of a Austin Western.jpg
    Russian copy of a Austin Western.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,357

MG SUPER 500

Super Roel.
They look pretty the same all of those avelin,austin, western graders.. :)
Do you have any knowledge of operation some of these graders??

Super Roel

Super Roel.
They look pretty the same all of those avelin,austin, western graders.. :)
Do you have any knowledge of operation some of these graders??

Yes i have workth with them , but i found them not the easyist machine to work with , you most standing up and the were very noisy , but very strong machines .

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
When I rebuilt my super 300 I installed a seat out of an old SUV Mike found in a junk yard. It sets a little higher then the vinyl covered stock wooden box and can be slid further forward. I find sitting is eraser then when I first brought it home. I have forced myself to set when running the machine and now find it uncomfortable to stand. I think the seat location made the biggest differance.

MG SUPER 500

I did notice when I drove grader up on the lowbed, that it's not very good sight out thru the window.. But I think we will put in a different seat in the cabin.. I have a few different in my garage. So time will show what I'm gonna do :)

mitch504

I'd bet my lunch for a week those A-B graders are either rebadged Austin-Westerns or Aveling-Barford licensed the designs from A-W (ala bucyrus-erie and ruston-bucyrus)

somehow when I posted this I had not seen page two at all;duh :pointhead :beatsme :Banghead

Last edited:

mitch504

by the way, I hope to take my AW super 366 on it's first job tomorrow after owning it only 34 months

Lahiru

Hi there,
I'm Proud to say that i own one of these giants (MG MGH 1726) who still works like new on the road. I'm using this for the road construction works and the levels and super elevations can be done easily with this. unfortunately i cannot find the oil seals for hydraulic rams. some of the rams are leaking and low pressure at the moment.
The attached photos were taken few months ago. hope you all like this.Photo0236.jpgPhoto0279.jpgPhoto0235.jpg

OldandWorn

Hi there,
I'm Proud to say that i own one of these giants (MG MGH 1726) who still works like new on the road. I'm using this for the road construction works and the levels and super elevations can be done easily with this. unfortunately i cannot find the oil seals for hydraulic rams. some of the rams are leaking and low pressure at the moment.
The attached photos were taken few months ago. hope you all like this.

Welcome to the forum. That's a nice looking machine you have there!

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Welcome there, surely you can get some spurious one. Any good hydraulic shop should be able to help.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
God this takes me back to a time too many years ago to count, when as snotty-nosed teenager I rolled up for my first day as an apprentice at Invicta Works, Houghton Road, Grantham - home of Aveling Barford ......... at that time a proud part of the long-defunct British Leyland empire.

..... and we used to call them Ambling B**stards ........;);)

Tombra

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone know anything about a grader named Aveling Barford SG 433?
All I know is that it is from 68 and all wheel drive (6WD)
Looking for any info, specs, engine +++
Google did not help me much with this model
DSC_0517.jpg

R.D.G013

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/foreman for about 48yrs o
Spent some time on ABs back in NZ mainly 99Hs and also an MGH I think it was, was 4x4 with a GM 4-53Turbo , manual trans with a torque converter.

That looks very nice Dwan :)

And here are some pics of my manuals that I got with the SG500 grader.
And on ALL manual's it's standing AUSTIN-WESTERN.....

Excellent!!! you can scan the firsts pages for the instruction book? it's really important, because Aveling-Austin was made in Argentina under licence by Rycsa here... and didnt appears any brochure/catalog, manual...
thanks!