• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Allis Hd 11- but not quite factory

crane operator

Spotted this listing when cruising for a engine. I'm not much of a dozer man, and I've done some equipment repower's. I've even cobbled some stuff together in my life. But I've never come up with something that looked quite like this.

hd-11 odd hood 2.jpg hd-11 odd hood.jpg

https://fortsmith.craigslist.org/hvo/6143013686.html

For only $10,000 it could be yours too. From the ad:

Allis Chalmers hd11 dozer with Cummins motor in it works and runs better than factory condition come try it out 10000 obo

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Pretty much a pile and useless with the loss of limited vision to the front. Some people can make big junk and expect big money for it! Does not look like has seen much work for awhile.

Metalman 55

It is still interesting to see how people can "make do" with the resources that are available to them. Vision may be limited, but once you get used to it, it could still accomplish some work.

GregsHD

Occupation
Self Employed HD Mechanic
Reminds me of an elephant seal!
elephant-seal-bull-waving.jpeg