• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Alarm?

Dalestu

Hi All,
This is my fist post and I'm fairly new to heavy equipment. I'm driving for someone else a Cat 730 rock truck, it has an alarm going off and the flashing symbol on the dash is a circle with two arrows inside pointing at a small dot in the centre.

We don't have a manual and I haven't been able to find anything online so far.

Does anyone know what this symbol is and the fix for it ?

Thanks in advance,

Dale

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The alarm is for low brake oil pressure. "Stop the machine immediately. Stop the engine and investigate the cause. Do not operate the machine until the brake oil pressure is normal." is what the Operator Manual says.

If you want an Operation Manual Google "servicemanualpro" and plug in your machine Serial Number. I think a pdf manual is about $35 and a paper one about $45.

Edit: Bugger - beaten to it. At least we're both in agreement .......

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
Hey Nige only by 1minute
are there any fault codes displayed in the instrument cluster
Mark

Jonas302

Do they put the manuals behind the seat on those? I hate all those symbols...

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Do they put the manuals behind the seat on those? I hate all those symbols...

For years now all the new Cats I have seen had at least the operators manual in a pouch on the back of the seat. They are usually tied in with a steel cable but some people still seem to think they need to remove them.