• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aftermarket Seal Kits

mikebramel

I wouldnt be worried about them. Most problems are from people scratching the seal groove or cutting the lip on a non chamfer rod

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Or putting the lip the wrong way, piston on backwards. All kinds of fun stuff! Haha.

I've done it Cat, aftermarket kit, by the piece at the seal shop and can't say one is better than the other. Certain oddball stuff will have to come from the respective Mfg but for the most part if it's the right fit and assembled correctly you're in good shape.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Ah well Cat kits can go north of $600. Go to your hydraulic shop and they'll have kits for O-ring boss, flat face and flange. Probably get all three for $100 or so and they'll do 99% of what you need. The ones in the plastic boxes you see just about everywhere don't fit much on yellow iron. Our local hyd place has a kit that covers it all in a handy little case for $75. It's what I use most of the time until I get into metric stuff or British on the Italian drilling rigs.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
No doubt getting into British Standard sizes can be frustrating. I have a Hyd. Shop kit, have had it for years and still comes in handy.