• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Acco Grader

Graderfan1981

I hope that this "smaller" Acco grader finds a good owner, museum or somehwere in use, I hope that it gets not scrapped like the biggest one....

Graderfan1981

I have get the information that the smaller Acco grader has two Cummins enginges. Has the biggest Acco Grader Cummins engines too?

alco

Strange that. IIRC our 1570W dragline ran 5" drag ropes and that was more than a tad smaller than Big Muskie. A quick look at Bridon's catalogue shows standard dragline ropes up to 5-5/8" diameter and anything larger by special order. TBH I would have thought the offshore oil industry would have used wire ropes bigger than 6".

The 1570W actually ran 3 3/4" drag ropes. One thing to keep in mind is that the records for rope diameter that are being mentioned, are from the 1960s. The largest diameter wire rope built that I can find record of was just over 11" diameter.

Fabio

If you are still interested in this grader Acco, I inform you that it would be sold in an auction, next July

Graderfan1981

I wish good luck that this grader will find a good owner, too nice for srap it, it is a very interesting piece.

Fabio

No, it wasn't. As some one wrote, that grader could stay in some museum, or my be bought by someone for some specific work such as the ones for which it was projected (large routes in Libia), but for standard purposes is not so suitable. Nevertheless, should you need it, just contact me.

Graderfan1981

i hope this interesting grader get not scrapped, those interesting machines are too nice for srapping. Loooooooove graders and especially unique ones :)