• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

AC 645 fuel pump challenge

KTRasch

Occupation
Retired
I need some assistance. Have a former military loader and it just does not want to run right. We have books and have tried various approaches but it seems to be temperamental.

Runs strong but once the RPMs get down, it wants to die.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Need more info please.. they put 5 different fuel systems on that machine..
injection pumps have name tags & numbers.. & pictures are worth 1000 words.
Happy to help but need more info..
What does, not run right mean?? What have you tried?

Delmer

"former military" means it sat around a lot. Have you checked the fuel system from the tank to the injection pump for screens or plugged fittings or suspect rubber hoses? Or put a vacuum pressure gauge into a tee before the injection pump and see if it holds fairly steady while running right and stumbling.

KTRasch

Occupation
Retired
Need more info please.. they put 5 different fuel systems on that machine..
injection pumps have name tags & numbers.. & pictures are worth 1000 words.
Happy to help but need more info..
What does, not run right mean?? What have you tried?
I'm sorry not getting back to you, had a family matter come up. Will have to have my mechanic address the specifics and will get back to you. Thanks.

KTRasch

Occupation
Retired
"former military" means it sat around a lot. Have you checked the fuel system from the tank to the injection pump for screens or plugged fittings or suspect rubber hoses? Or put a vacuum pressure gauge into a tee before the injection pump and see if it holds fairly steady while running right and stumbling.
Will have my mechanic respond to all the particulars but it had sat a long time and we went through all the basics, changing lines / filters, clean fuel tank, and updated the feeder pump. Tends to die easily.
Thanks.