• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A tool every mechanic should own

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
That's the name of the video on YouTube
This site won't let me post a link anymore?
Just like the title. ....on YouTube by "Promise "
Neat little tool. ...i haven't seen it before. Picture a 2 inch muffler clamp with pipe wrench jaws in the saddle '
With a square hole for your 3/8" ratchet.

Again YouTube. A tool every mechanic should own

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
Ding Ding Ding! Yep Thanks guys! That's the video. ...thought it may come in handy to square up and line up a hydraulic line ♡

hetkind

Oh...the last time I had to change a dodge truck wheel bearing it was a STEEL bearing with an ALUMINUM knuckle, and it was stuck solid with galvanic corrosion. Had to remove the knuckle at the ball joints and put it on the 20 ton press...took about 7k lbs force to pop out the old bearings.

Why do they do stupid design work like that? a fraction of a cent for anti-seize would have made that a FAST and profitable job...

Howard

gtermini

Oh...the last time I had to change a dodge truck wheel bearing it was a STEEL bearing with an ALUMINUM knuckle, and it was stuck solid with galvanic corrosion. Had to remove the knuckle at the ball joints and put it on the 20 ton press...took about 7k lbs force to pop out the old bearings.

Why do they do stupid design work like that? a fraction of a cent for anti-seize would have made that a FAST and profitable job...

Howard

Because Dodge. I can't understand why they threw away everything right in a front end. Took a perfectly good Dana 60 and turned it into a worthless tire eater. If it wasn't for the Cummins, I swear you'd never see Dodge pickup.

Greyson

lantraxco

Because Dodge. I can't understand why they threw away everything right in a front end. Took a perfectly good Dana 60 and turned it into a worthless tire eater. If it wasn't for the Cummins, I swear you'd never see Dodge pickup.

Greyson

Daimler did it's best to destroy Chrysler before dumping it again. Have you noticed all the vehicle styling started to look like WW2 german command car front ends? That and they threw in Mercedes parts whenever they could just make us miserable. Now we have Fiat in charge, God help us.

Truck Shop

Greyson

Dodge had a phony Dana 44 front wheel bearing set-up from 74 to 79, It was weak as hell. Big tires would work that pressed bearing mess to pieces
in no time. It was even grease-able, but they didn't last long. And camber setting from factory for a dodge 4x4 was 1.5* positive \-/ drove like a
misguided mule. Most people used knuckles and spindles off a chev to correct the mess. They sure ran good with a 67-440 though.

Truck Shop