• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A little Ca work

movindirt

Were getting along real well so far, its been a year this month. The only time I sort of miss her is when the fuel bill comes. Thanks for checking!

Glad to hear its been good. Does it burn quite a bit more fuel then the 330 did? More pictures are a added bonus too ;) :D

ddigger

Occupation
contractor,owner operater
Been a lot going on so I have had no time to post, plus my favorite picture hosting site died on me. I will try and get back into the swing of things. I am on a cool one right now it called the Calaveras Dam Replacement Project. We are removing the stilling basin at the base of the existing dam along with several thousand feet of the old steel pipe that comes out of the base of the dam. Its a big project and has a very small window to preform the work so we hit it in mass.
298.jpg296.jpg302.jpg303.jpg304.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
That's an interesting project DD. There is nothing like a true craftsman.:thumbsup

Landclearer

Thanks for posting the video link, again that is a neat looking job. Only machines missing are Volvo and Komatsu.

ddigger

Occupation
Indeed, yesterday we finished! Twice the bid amount volume of material and double the loads hauled out, over 2000 loads and we still finished on our target date! Can you say change order?

ddigger

Occupation
I haven't posted in while, because I have been very busy plus my favorite photo sharing site went away. If sharing pics from my phone works I will try to catch up. After the dam demo I hooked up with an outfit that specializes in land fill work. The first chore was installing a big French drain, 3500 ft long and average death of 23ft it all had to be lined with fabric then contiuesly weld pert pipe in the bottom, then back filled to within 5 ft of the top with crushed rock. Before we could dig I had to move about 60.000 yards of overburden that was all loaded into 40 ton rock trucks. IMG_0188.jpgIMG_0183.jpgIMG_0180.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Glad to see you back DD!:drinkup

Is purpose of the drain to collect clean ground water or leachate? How's the Deere doing?

ddigger

Occupation
It's dual purpose, they wanted to make sure no water migrated either way. The machine is doing really well. Spent a good part of the year swinging a 60 inch bucket and it handles it no sweat even stacked with heavy clay. It is thirsty though.

Landclearer

Glad to see an update from you. Always doing something interesting. Glad to hear that the Deere is doing good for you. You should be used to thirsty since you ran a cat:D Kidding aside the Deere uses a lot more than the Cat?