1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A few projects I have done recently

Discussion in 'Showtime!' started by CM1995, Mar 15, 2012.

1. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton Senior Member

As for lottery plans, I know where there is a 10,000 acre pasture with 1 fence around outside. Could spend a long time building road through that.

CM1995 and old-iron-habit like this.
  2. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Thanks WaterDoc and I apologize for not responding sooner.

One of the services we perform is being a subcontractor for a large fire protection company installing the underground portions from tap to in building riser.

On a normal fire line and lead in once installation is complete we will test the line and lead in. Depending on the local municipality the building inspector and/or fire marshal will witness the test once the line is pumped up and under the required pressure. On certain University jobs there will be a university inspector, city inspector and fire marshal come out at inspect once under pressure.

The fire services are separate from the domestic service so no chlorination or water samples are needed.

3. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

DB the "newsd" (new to us used truck) gas burner has been good so far, it does what it's intended to do and fit the budget for the time.

However I prefer diesel as we do tow a lot pulling the smaller equipment around. So far my '13 with just shy of 90K miles has been great - knocks on wood several times.:)

My philosophy is buy new and run to 200K miles if it's a good truck, anyone can get a lemon in any brand. When I bought my '13 the price difference between gas and diesel was around $6K, well worth the extra money when divided over 6 or more years of service at just $1K or less per year premium. At 200K miles a used diesel truck will still carry a $2K-3K premium over the same age and milage gas burner, if not more - as long as it's not a 6.0...:mad:

Our 2001 F250 7.3 is still used every day with over 200K on the clock. In need of a new trans so we don't pull with it much. The '01 will become semi-retired when I purchase a new truck for me and hand my '13 down.

On another note with the flooding in Houston I've read articles of how many vehicles were totaled to the tune of 250K or more. This will affect the new and used truck market in the Southeast as insurance claims are processed and Houston gets back on it's feet.

Due to this I am considering going ahead and buying a '17 instead of waiting on the '18 Fords. Rumors from Ford is they will not start Job 1 production of the 2018 Superduty's until Nov. which means getting them on the dealers lot will be January at the earliest. This coupled with the demand for vehicles from the flood will drive prices up for new and used trucks.

I hate buying the current year model new when the next year model is coming out soon but we need to upgrade pickups. At a cross roads.:cool:

4. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

It's been a while since I've updated, since adding another crew my PM and office duties also doubled.

Finishing up the private school project. Topsoiling a slope and spread 1.5" crusher run for the modular classroom pad. Our 533E compactor is a nice machine, took the shell kit off to roll all the stone in.

IMG_3214.JPG

Clearing a slope for a mini-warehouse expansion.

IMG_3240.JPG

Interior demo job of CMU wall for a large GC we work for. This is their fab shop where they make all sorts of steel imbeds and piping for their large industrial and aviation projects.

CMU wall was not poured, it came down easily once separated from the bar joists and other conduits/piping running through the wall.

IMG_3237.JPG

A little R&R. Saturday's game at my Alma Mater Auburn University agains Mississippi State. It was Military Appreciation day, the US Army Herald Trumpets made an appearance. It was fantastic.

IMG_3281.JPG

ScottAR likes this.
  5. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

How much work is it put that shell kit on and off?

CM1995 likes this.
  6. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Not too bad Mitch. 1/2 impact on the service truck and either the hoe or old Blue to lift them off and put them back on. Usually the bolts that attach the shell to the drum and each other are shot, depending on how on how long it's been since it was swapped.

7. Landclearer

Landclearer Senior Member

Hey CM,

Thanks for the update, what did you use to take the wall down?

8. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Good ole manual labor using chipping hammers to break the wall down well below the bar joists. Then sawing sections on both sides of the wall and using the GC's Cat tele handler to push the wall over. The shorter portions were pushed over by the T250.

The walls weren't filled so it wasn't tough to break the blocks out.

9. Landclearer

Landclearer Senior Member

Well unfortunately for us manual labor is the only way to do some things. I would like to see god do that