1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A few projects I have done recently

Discussion in 'Showtime!' started by CM1995, Mar 15, 2012.

1. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    It's been a fight with the rain but my guys battled it out. We should've been running storm by now and the concrete guys pouring the slab but we've had several inches of rain since this project started.

Love the hydraulic forks, the tines are fixed to the frame. We'll start storm piping next week that includes a 36" CMP triple barrel detention system, the hyd. forks should come in handy. Most of the time we use a CTL as a support machine for pipe laying - bringing pipe and keeping the rock box loaded. It's much easier to hook and un-hook the hydraulic lines than it is to move the forks on a standard skid steer fork attachment, as we all know those can be a PIA to slide.

On these small sites a CTL more maneuverable than our 420DIT. On larger sites we bring in the 420 as it just speeds the process up and it can move pre-cast inlets and manholes.

The storm on this site is only 4 structures/inlets, 1 headwall and some ADS and RCP. We'll use the 321 to move the pre-cast structures and the 279 to move the pipe. Haven't seen the 36" CMP det. system yet, will probably use slings and the 321 to move it's components.

2. Landclearer

Landclearer Senior Member

Thanks for the pics CM. Great to see the 953 doing what it does best. Getting the fill from next door worked out good. I wish we had some of your rain up here!

3. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    If I could send some your way I would LC.:D

When I bid the job I priced trucking the fill in with the possibility of making a deal with the adjacent land owner. So there we were installing silt fence and a nice F350 pulled up towing a trailer with a generator on it. The lady driving the truck pulled into the parts store next door and walked up. She proceeded to ask me if we could clear some brush on the front of the next two lots so they could get real estate signs put up. The generator on the trailer was to run her sawzall and she was prepared to cut the brush herself, she's a spunky older lady I quickly became friends with - gotta respect that kind of "getter done" attitude.;)

It didn't take long to work a deal as the next two lots needed to be cut down to be more marketable. Long story short we cut the brush with the brushcat on the T250 and in return got free fill. I love horse trading.:cool:

4. Landclearer

Landclearer Senior Member

I wish you would send us some rain, we are some kinda dry! Hard getting rid of wood, we need some heavy rain to slow the loggers down and stop flooding the mills with wood.

Worked out good on the fill. Sometimes you come across a deal like that and everyone is happy. You never know you might wind up with getting more work from the woman that owned the land next door.