• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A days work in the UK

dabsfabs

Fornt end of an 8 ton excavator that was in need of attention. Bush went slack in hole end result broken plate.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

The top that broke was profile off with pug, new profile were made in house and evertthing was line bored of the two lower pins holes. As these bores were undamaged. Client painted machine afterwards.

dabsfabs

image.jpg, image.jpg

image.jpg, image.jpg

image.jpg

Modifications carried to a standard DX140r to assist with work a forestry work here in the UK. Not what some forum members would class as a forestry spec machine.

There has been other mods carried to the machine, heavy duty belly plates, moving all the pipes so the pass though gap between dipper boom. Blade under been mod stop stumps coming up though and stuck. Lots of smaller than can't be seen and to much to list.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Nice work dabs!:drinkup

If you were only closer I would have you fab up some rub rails for my 321 like you did for that Doosan. Someone (I don't know who...:rolleyes:) put a nasty dent in the panel below the door while doing a demo job last year.

dabsfabs

Put some more pictures of what been up to of late.

This group is of Komatsu WA700, bored loader arms and both ends of tipping link.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Job from start to final client pulled the bushes in them selfs.

Last edited:

Melness64

Occupation
Plant op
bean counters at this company say its cheaper to do this every year, because of not pay greasing time to the (drivers) as operators cost to much.

They're not operators if they don't look after equipment ,as for not greasing that's kindergarden **** in my book ,fortunately i get paid service time but to be honest i'd be doing it anyways pad or unpaid .

Cool thread and interesting work ,done a fair bit of fabricating and welding in my day ,this line boring is cool .

dabsfabs

This with Komatsu equipment have a team of blokes that go round greasing all the kit. It tends be the recycling companies that don't grease. I've found over the years.

frodomocho1

Put some more pictures of what been up to of late.

This group is of Komatsu WA700, bored loader arms and both ends of tipping link.

View attachment 147397
View attachment 147398
View attachment 147399
View attachment 147401
View attachment 147400

Job from start to final client pulled the bushes in them selfs.

Ever weld up an H link that is cracked around on the bottom bore? If so what kind of rod or welder? I have a Millermatic 250 with 045 gas flux core wire, would that work?

dabsfabs

Here a few picture of some of the work we have lately.

image.jpg

Vemeer shredder in feed steel belt.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Had to remake these item for small Komatsu dozer, also had to mod the dozer booms to take the larger balls with new castings also.

I'll look out some photos in a bit to put up.

dabsfabs

Been a while since I've put anything up here in this bit. Here are some pictures of what I've been doing since my post.

First few are of concrete pump boom.

IMG_0914.JPG IMG_0915.JPG IMG_0919.JPG IMG_0920.JPG

Graham1

I think they had their monies worth out of the old bushes!
The loader bucket looks like it has been in the horrible granite sand from Lee Moor, near Plymouth. So hard and abrasive the wear is huge.
Graham

BuMach

nice stuff! i'm also using the Elsa (had a 2015 easy, but traded it in for the heavier sc40/1)
worked with Sir meccanica and Elsa, and i think the elsa has more pluspoint then the Sir, so i like it. especially when you go above the 250mm bore sizes the elsa seems to have enough power left to handle it well.

I also like the UK dealer, i bought my machine from my dutch supplier but parts etc come from the UK.

good luck with the work and keep posting the pics, looks a lot like the jobs im doing so Always interesting to see.
cheers Meindert

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The GET did it's job on that loader bucket. Good job dabs.

dabsfabs

Here some more of what been doing. Over the last few months. Tine grab where thet had put dipper though the pivot. Gassed some off the hangers so it would miss parallel links.

Attachments

• IMG_20170601_144249.jpg
    IMG_20170601_144249.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20170601_144300.jpg
    IMG_20170601_144300.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20170601_144308.jpg
    IMG_20170601_144308.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1034.JPG