• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

95xt electric

Ronnestrand

Hello
I was plowing snow tonight and and first i had to jumpstart it and slowly lost light and then all black. It still worked tho’
Finaly the boom or tilt wouldnt move.
The battery is brand new and the alternatorbelt is ok. But have not yet checked if it really is ok.

Some snow was in the cab today

What do you guys think?

Best regards
/A frosen swede

Delmer

It sounds like the alternator was not charging.

First, charge up the battery. Start it and see what the voltage is at the battery, should be 13+ Volts. Any less than that and you need to look at the alternator, is it getting current to turn it on? then it's probably time for a new alternator. Or possibly loose cable connection somewhere, checking voltage at the battery posts, then ground to alt terminal will show any problem there.

Ronnestrand

Okej, thank you Delmer.
When I hooked it up to the car it started fine.
I’ll check the charging tomorrow and the cables

Ronnestrand

It is something with the alternator, lucky I have orded new gas struts. Barely see it from the back.
Weird, the machine only have 2000 hours on it.

Any advice?

Delmer

Just the same as before. Do you understand that the alternator needs current to excite it before it will charge? The big wire is always connected to the battery, but the excite wire usually runs from the ignition switch, through the dashboard warning light, and on to one of the small wires on the alternator.

Ronnestrand

Sorry, I forgot about this.

Its wierd, sometimes it work and sometimes not, so its probably som loose cable. parked it inside and warm a couple a weeks ago so it could dry out. going to look into it soon.

Thank you