• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

941 Steering Clutch Adjustments

Metalman 55

On my recently acquired 941 Ser # 80H 298X (cannot read the last number) I ordered & received a parts book on Ebay that covers that Ser # but this parts book covers lever steer not pedal steer like mine. I was wanting to ask if anyone may have a page or two that shows the linkage & mechanism inside of the steering clutch compartment. I believe there may be a roller assembly just inside of the case on the end of the linkage & I wanted to get a better understanding of what the breakdown is like, if anyone could help me. This machine has wet clutches & brakes & is power shift. My problem is the clutches are not releasing properly, before the brakes begin to apply. 0930151707-01.jpg

Metalman 55

I have 841 Parts Book 80H1-3039, Form #UE070113.
Look in the back of the book "Attachment" section starting at page #150.
Arrangement number on page 141

Ok, thanks.....I have the same parts book & found it in the back of the book too now. Never thought to look in the back of the book & there it is.

Another question....I have been searching a bit for a service manual & found one on a CD from "Service Manual Pro". Can anyone weigh in on the success rate as far as reliability is concerned with them & their products?

Metalman 55

I did end up getting a reasonable priced Jensales service manual & we worked at adjusting the steering clutches & brakes some.

I do notice that once the oil is warmed up the clutches do release much better. Since I have no idea what the previous owners had put in the steering clutch/bevel gear compartments & the transmission/torque compartments, I decided to change the oil & filters in both compartments.

Neither the parts book or service manuals state what oil to use. Could I get some information on what type & weight of oil to use in both the torque/transmission & bevel gear/ steering clutch compartments? As far as operating temps are concerned the range will be from a low of 10f to a high of 85f. It will not be getting a lot of use, perhaps 100 hrs annually at the most & I will not be changing the oil to match the seasonal temps.

Metalman 55

catclutch3.jpg

Can anyone help me identify the part # for the 2 seals in the "Steering Clutch Oil Strainer Assembly", (the lower item) as I cannot find them in my parts book, only found this diagram on an old forum post.

Thanks

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Looks like the one in the upper picture should be a 5F1678 oring

The one for the screen is hard to tell in the SIS parts book but I believe it is a 9H6067 which is about 7/8 id.

The one for the cover in the lower picture should be a 1H8128 which should be about 3 3/4 inch id

Metalman 55

Thanks for the part #'s for the various seals. Also, you are right OM, should have looked in the back of the book again. Question......why is there a Type 1 & Type 2 lubrication system?