• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

935C cat track loader

Pgfd12830

I was wondering if anyone had experience changing starter on this machine. Was trying to find info online but found none. Thanks

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Pdfd1830!:drinkup

What would you like to know? You've came to the right place for the answers.

Before Nige gets here to ask, what's the serial number? There are different versions of the C model.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Is that the serial number of the engine? The serial number of the machine will start with 2ZN, BBX or LBP. 2ZN and BBX are the most common.

My 953 is a BBX which is the later version. The machine serial number will give you the year model as well.

Also moved this thread to the Track loader section.

Last edited:

Pgfd12830

Ok. I saw a cat plate on one side of the machine. Said model number 935C
Product Identifacation number was
8CF00339
Where is the best place to look for serial number

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
According to SIS the 8Cf00339 is the machine S/N for a 935C Track Loader with a build date of December 21, 1988.

Not sure what you need to know about removing the starter, should be somewhat straight forward job.

Disconnect negative wire at battery to kill all power to machine. This step is not listed in the Cat manual but I feel it is very important!

Then per Cat service manual on SIS:

1. Remove the engine side panel, on the left side of the machine.

2. Put identification on the wires that are connected to the starting motor. Disconnect the wires from the starting motor.

3. Remove the three bolts that hold the starter to the flywheel housing. Remove starting motor (1). The weight is 27 kg (60 lb.).

To reinstall:

The following steps are for installing the starting motor.

4. Inspect the gasket for the starting motor. Install a new one if needed.

5. Put the starting motor in position and install the bolts that hold it in place.

6. Connect all wires to the starting motor.

7. Install the engine side panel on the left side of the machine.

Then hook the battery back up and it should be good to go.

Last edited: