• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

930K Wheel Loader

ToolCat

I had a situation, where my operator turned off the machine and exited the cab, a couple of minutes later, the machine began to roll. (10%-12% grade). The ECM shows intermittent parking brake failure errors. Has anyone experienced this or knows of a fix?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
What "failures" exactly did the ECM show..?
Were they Machine Events or Diagnostic Codes..?
A machine Serial Number would also help. There are a number of S/N prefixes of 930K and breaks in those prefixes under/over which things on the machine change.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Thanks for that. There is no Troubleshooting procedure specifically for this code in the manual for a 930K but I have found one for a 950K which ought to be close although maybe some wire numbers might be different.

However there are other codes for the parking brake switch on the 930K and by the sounds of it you could well have a fault in a wiring harness connector. So long as you are good with a multimeter I think you can get somewhere. You'll need an electrical schematic in order to trace wires and locate harness connectors on the machine. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send the schematic along with copies of the troubleshooting procedures that do exist for the parking brake switch.