• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

8.25 x 15 trailer wheel needed Demountable rim, 6515LWDE

crbearden

In need of 1 or more 6.5 x 15 Dayton Wheels. Technical description is 15 x 6.5 Tube type demountable rim. I don't have a spare for my trailer and I have one wheel that it really bent up at the rim edge. The rim should have a 6515LWDE or LWD number on it. It is the type with the Lock Ring. I am in Oklahoma, so if it was closer to save shipping or i could pick it up that would be great..
Cecil Bearden 405-641-8547

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Are you looking for the two piece widow maker style? They are just about impossible to find. One option is to buy a tubeless rim and throw a 17.5 on it. They don't match up perfect but it would get you out of a jam. I haven't priced the 17.5 Dayton wheels in several years but I don't recall them being terrible. Used 17.5 tires generally aren't tough to find if you decide to go that route. I know several companies that swap tires based on dates and I end up with nice tires for spares or whatever.

Junkyard

crbearden

Looking for the 3 piece with the locking ring. There was one made that was only 2 pieces, but in over 50 years of experience I have only mounted 2 of those 2 peice rims and had no problems at that time....

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I meant any multi-piece, the old split rims are tough to find as they don't make them anymore. There are places that may have the NOS but they'd be tough to scrounge up. I have a few larger ones laying around. I haven't seen any 15's in a long time as they're one of the most common and least expensive to upgrade to 17.5 tubeless. We did about 50 of them years ago when I worked at a crane company. There were a lot of oilfield lowboys around here back in the day that had 10.00x15's so with a little luck maybe you'll stumble into some. I don't know if Hodges is OKC has any old stuff around anymore. Maybe a small indepent oil field guy has some laying in boneyard?

crbearden

I have heard the stories of the old split rims, and I have mounted more of them than I can count.... I was taught by my Dad how to mount them and air them up and st and out of the way of flying parts. I am near OKC so I will check. this trailer is an old oil patch semi trailer that was made into a pintle by Hamm & Phillips.