• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

769D Cat dump truck

Lewis12

Does anyone know the wiring schematic for the radio connector plug? i want to install a radio and see the square connector. it looks like i have a red and blue that are hot with key on and the black seems to be ground. the voltage for the 2 hot wires is about 13v for each one seperatly is one of these hot for the power and the other for the illumination of the screen?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Does anyone know the wiring schematic for the radio connector plug? i want to install a radio and see the square connector. it looks like i have a red and blue that are hot with key on and the black seems to be ground. the voltage for the 2 hot wires is about 13v for each one seperatly is one of these hot for the power and the other for the illumination of the screen?

As always this question is best answered with a full S/N!

Just `cause it is yellow and has numbers on the side doesn't mean much. I think at times Cat makes running changes to equipment in the middle of the day.

Not trying to be a jerk here just been down this path many times in the last 40+ years!

We had two "769D" trucks and one had fuel tank on left any hyd.tank on right the other had hyd. tank on left and fuel tank on right. And those were just two of the obvious differences one could see a hundred feet away!

Given the full S/N myself or someone else can most likely send you a complete wiring diagram. Would also help if you could look at the wires again and see what the numbers stamped on them are, Cat is very good about having a explanation of what a wire is going by those numbers.