• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

74 case 350 crawler loader resortation

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
How did the leaking inj. pump repair go?? It looks like your missing a screw on the top cover, in the right hand corner, closest to the engine??
IF its broken, you better fix it while you have the room.!!
IT WILL LEAK.. FOR SURE..no doubt about it.. then your gonna be pi--ed..
Just a little heads-up.. take it for what its worth..
It looks like your truckin' right along.. I hope it works out for ya..

Fordman

20160531_204036.jpg
heres a pic of the 350B I went through last year
overhauled the motor
went through the rear end
reworked all the other systems

if you have any questions let me know, Im sure alot crosses on them.

hvguy

How did the leaking inj. pump repair go?? It looks like your missing a screw on the top cover, in the right hand corner, closest to the engine??
IF its broken, you better fix it while you have the room.!!
IT WILL LEAK.. FOR SURE..no doubt about it.. then your gonna be pi--ed..
Just a little heads-up.. take it for what its worth..
It looks like your truckin' right along.. I hope it works out for ya..

Well, I got it sealed, and yes that bolt was broken when I got it. The included gasket had quite a bit of extra... meterial? Plenty of spring, I dont expect it to leak, however, if it does, its fairly easy to get to. This machine doesn't have a lift pump, should it? To prevent cavitation? I know thats what usually kills P7100's and the newer 24valve cummins.

if you have any questions let me know, Im sure alot crosses on them.

Awesome! It looks good! Hoping mine will be similar... lots of rust tho. and grease! oh the grease, there soooo much.

Here's a good question for ya, where would I get the little round bushings that dampen the "lovejoy" looking thing that connects the hydraulic pump to the crank? Mine are extruded out and pretty much no longer there.

catskinner 10

Occupation
Retired Operator/Master Mechanic 55Yr Member IUOE
You can find those bushings
From aftermarket vendors
On e bay.
Looks great so far.
Tom

hvguy

IT RUNS! wooo!
Ive got about 15 minutes of video starting and walking around, problem is its 6GB and itll take forever to upload, ill post links when its done.

I need to hack the exhaust off and prepare it to be fixed, clean up the valve cover and wash it. After that it needs paint, wiring and electrical. An interesting problem I ran into is when I went to fill the sump, I only have synthetic rotella... you need regular dyno oil for break in. I got REALLY lucky the previous owner left a ton of stuff in one of the workshop barns and I found 2.5 gallons of BRAND NEW rotella 15W30 circa 2008.

I work at a ranch as a machinist in a small shop, the owner operates a cat rescue shelter and this one cat the we brought back from NC 4 or so years ago decided to make the trek across the 100 acres and hang out while I finished up the dozer this evening. Yes, its a cat ranch lol

IMAG0876.jpgIMAG0877.jpg

Hobbytime

so now you have a CAT with that case..............LOL...
looking good,,,,,

thepumpguysc

Occupation
The fuel inlet pressure at full load is 1-3 psi.. Gravity.. no need for a lift pump, but its your call.
The idle speed adjustment is with the stop screw on the throttle lever..
Glad she's runnin'..

hvguy

Hmm, looks like I need to clean some filters and check the lines, because it took some effort to get the fuel to the pump.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
On initial start up, after the fuel system has been open, it does take a few minutes to fill the filters and purge the air.. longer than one would think it should.
BUT once its full, there is no other action required. Just make sure the petcock/shut-off is fully open on the tank..
It looks like you got a good handle on things.

hvguy

All is well for now, gotta adjust the brakes and take her to the car wash. After hours of course

hvguy

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on a rezloh edge. Hope its as good as I think it is.
s-l500.jpg

hvguy

I have NO seat in this thing, I could easily goto tractor supply and buy a seat... however, has anyone seen any good ideas for seats? I came across a 350 with a car seat in it. Looked comfortable, but pretty redneck lol.

Looks like pushing the brake would be a bit weird.
350_case_bull_dozer_3_lgw.jpg

Last edited:

bronco71

My 450 and 1150 have separate bottoms and backs, should be pretty easy to make. They are wider than a regular seat. Arm rests are separate from the seat and bolted to sides.

hvguy

My 450 and 1150 have separate bottoms and backs, should be pretty easy to make. They are wider than a regular seat. Arm rests are separate from the seat and bolted to sides.

Is it very comfortable? piece of plywood, some foam and staples is no problem. Maybe ill splurge and make it out of tempurpedic lol

catskinner 10

Occupation
Retired Operator/Master Mechanic 55Yr Member IUOE
That would be my suggestion also.
Plywood, foam, covering, staples.

The bottom did use springs originally but foam would work.
Unless you want to get creative from cutting a section of springs
From a junkyard seat find.
Tom

hvguy

Worked on the dozer a bit last night. I started it up and noticed a ****** of oil coming from the trans cooler lines. Pulled them off to be re-built today. Also put the radiator in its final spot and cut some hoses to fit. Not too much going on.

I went over to this scrapped scissor lift in attempts to find a hose that may work. Unfortunately its all 3/8; however I did find some push-lock hose and fittings and decided to pickup a few of those to plumb the trans cooler since itll never see over 300psi. (rated)

While I was out yesterday, I swung by the cat store and picked up a can of paint hoping it would match... it doesn't, not even close.

IMAG0879.jpgIMAG0880.jpgIMAG0882.jpg

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Yeah, they changed colors awhile ago.. looks like you got "new cat yellow".. that's how its marked on my cans..
If you wanna get fancy.. go to some of the Case rebuild threads on this site.. they mix their own and will give up the mixture if asked..
nice guys.