• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580k stopped and won't start

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Grady;
I just discovered your post. Is yours a K, or Super K (SK) It was my understanding from the experts at Town Line (Plainfield NH) that K was non turbo, SK was turbo. Might yours be an addition after manufacture? or might it be mislabeled in repaint.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Grady:
I just discovered your post. Talking to the people at Town Line Equipment (Case Dealer) in Plainfield NH, I was convinced that 580K was naturally aspirated. Super K was turbo.

Has someone added a turbo? or is it mislabeled in a repaint?

Willie

mitch504

The K and superK were both offered with and without turbos. Just take a look at the engine piping pages on the Casece parts page if you have any doubt.

The K model (phase 1, floor shifter) was discontinued and replaced by the superK (phase 3, side shifter). There was no phase 2.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
I think I see why it won't run, your engine is missing! :) Hopefully the mechanic can hook you all up for a reasonable price. Good time to tape off all the open hoses and pressure wash it!

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
While you have engine out check your welds on fuel tank side of frame and also the hydraulic side. These machines were bad about welds breaking and fluid leaking so now's a good time to repair if needed.

Grady

Willlie, I'm pretty sure mine is factory like mitch said. Mine also leaks hydraulic oil from where someone already tried to re-weld the frame/tank and didn't completely succeed. one of these days.....

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Usually a bit more horse power is all there is to it plus when they went to the phase III