• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580B Filter and fluid question

Thanks for your help YASMAR. I will look into the shuttle housing with a TV camera and see if the pick-up tube is plugged. If cleaning that doesn't help, I'll pull it apart and do like you did with the pump and clean out the housing. thanks again,Ron.

yasmar

One more thing that I noticed...keep an eye on you clutch pedal. Make sure the return spring is bringing it all the way back up. Hook your toe under it and pull up. Watch you gauge when you do this.

I found that my clutch was staying partially engaged. Add another spring.

I worked my hoe all day yesterday with no problems. I did, however, throw a track on my dozer. It takes 3 people to wrestle it back on.

Re: 580b shuttle problem

I will get my kid to youtube the tv camera in the shuttle hole! Too technical for my computer skills. We found and retrieved a ground electrode stuck to the far side of a piston with the camera! A 350 chev came in with a knock and that was all the problem. You can see the machine lines in the top of the piston with it! Saved a teardown.

Dualie

I will get my kid to youtube the tv camera in the shuttle hole! Too technical for my computer skills. We found and retrieved a ground electrode stuck to the far side of a piston with the camera! A 350 chev came in with a knock and that was all the problem. You can see the machine lines in the top of the piston with it! Saved a teardown.

What camera are you using. I have an older borescope that sux. i hear the new snap-on high rez is a decent setup

scope

Idon't remember the name of it. It has about a 2" screen an the tip goes through about a 10mm hole. It is bendable and deadly acurate up close. No kidding when i say I can count the machine lines on the top of the piston and the cross hatch lines in the bore show up very clear.