• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

50T Kaufman??

justafarmer

Anyone have a Kaufman RGN? how are they holding up? Not going to be using it for real heavy use here, just moving a 23T excavator for farm use.

JBlackwell

By the specs they look like an ok trailer. No loading it to full capacity you shouldn't have a problem. The specs say the flanges are T1 steel, so that is a big plus.

justafarmer

I ended up buying one the other day, Just using it to haul a 23T excavator around. Ordered it pretty much stock accept got fender and flip over ramp option. Paid a little over $45,000. I watched alot of Ritchie Brother auctions in the last 6months looking for trailers, and lately you could either buy a 1998 50T trailer for $40 ish or buy a new kaufman for $45... Unless im missing something it seems like a easy decision for what I need.

1newbie

How is the kaufman working out for you? I'm in the same boat you were about used versus new lowboy prices.

justafarmer

How is the kaufman working out for you? I'm in the same boat you were about used versus new lowboy prices.

We are pretty happy with the trailer. Good people to deal with, freighting it up from north carolina to north dakota was very reasonable. Strength wise it is good, good welds and workmanship. Paint is cheap. For what we needed it for it will last me a lifetime. The beauty is I paid less than a 10 year old one would have costed me and i have brakes and tires that will rot off before they wear out. Like other post above, its probably not the trailer to use if you haul a d8 every day but for hauling my 25T hoe around from field to field its great. The non ground bearing detatch is a huge deal around here, so i find kaufman's that much more valuable than say a wizco and you wont pay a whole lot more to get it. All in all I give it my thumb up.