1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

416 cat backhoe front bucket wont raise with a load

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by Lewis12, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Lewis12

Lewis12 Well-Known Member

i have changed the resolver seals beleive only were 3 plugs. is there anymore plugs that can be changed for this problem? read about the seal on the bottom cover of the resolver sections being bad. Everything works fine other than the bucket wont raise with a load it raises empty and the tilt works. i tried tilting andcraising at the same time but dosent help any with a load. I had this problem but replacing the resolver seals fixed it but not this time.

2. Mark250

Mark250 Senior Member

heavy equipment technician
    Have you checked your relief valve settings
    a serial number would help. a couple of different systems fitted to these machines
    Mark

3. Dickjr.

Dickjr. Senior Member

Lewis , when raising the front bucket reach back and grab the boom up lever and pull it to see if that will cause the pump to upstroke. My 416C s/n 5yn6433 has had this ongoing problem for a while now. I put all the resolver o rings in front and back. I am believing now its a relief issue or even possibly bypassing in the loader valve group. I need to rig me up a pressure gauge as well. I know my pump is good and strong. When my machine is fresh started in the mornings it works normal. I hope to one day learn this system and figure out how it works. Mark250 I have read and ingested all your info , very helpful.