• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

3pt backhoe attachment

hammertime

Greetings, anyone attach one of these to a 3point hitch? I have a 99 case 570lxt. I've been searching on the internet..not too many case ones around.
What case model # should i look for?

this one looks nice and heavy duty
5230.jpg

Desertwheeler

Occupation
Miner
I knew a guy that had a 580e that he swapped back and forth between an hoe and Gannon. So maybe a 580e model might work.

hetkind

That is not a three point hitch configuration, that is pin and bolt to manufacturer specific side plates and looks similar to the JD 9300 hoe on my 450b.

Howard

hammertime

That is not a three point hitch configuration, that is pin and bolt to manufacturer specific side plates and looks similar to the JD 9300 hoe on my 450b.

gotcha, i was hoping to find something a bit heavier duty like this as opposed to the case-davis version. thank you

sheepfoot

That hoe is a 33 series backhoe that fits a case 480F backhoe, it has a single boom cylinder. If it has two boom cylinders it is a 35 series and would work on a 580 series up to the E series. Like said above case made a heavy duty 3 point hitch that you could remove the hitch and install the backhoe, it took a good 30+ min to do this with the correct tools on hand and the correct tube kit to hook the backhoe hoses to. The later 580K was a non removable main frame and a option of a bolt on if the customer had plans to buy a 3 point frame and be able to switch it. The 570 size machine would handle it just not on a 3 point, due to it needing to be more ridget. You would need to look at your parts book and do some welding to make up a adapter plate and plan for the hyd hook ups. There is a lot of 3 point backhoe's on the market both new and used. Some of the issues with them are the seating, climbing back to it, the backhoe attachment moves around on the links due to it not being ridget when placing down pressure on the boom, and not being able to use the tractor weight to really make it stable while digging. You may get lucky and find a dealer that has the correct backhoe just sitting on his equipment line and wants to move it. i would research your parts book for that machine and see how the backhoe mounts from the plant. If that hoe shown could be bought cheap i would try it just to get the depth and reach for digging and more lifting power. Just my take.

hammertime

nice info! thank you sheepfoot. I was loking at the woods 1050 as well. looks a step above hobby for my taste. I am going to check out your suggestion and look for a hoe to frankenstien . its totally worth it for me cause im tired of renting

question sheepfoot... should i be looking for the 35 series you spoke of to mate up to my 570?..hypotheticaly of course
this is la la land right now. but worth investigating

Last edited: