• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

303.5ccr

son69

Hello all, very green to heavy equipment. Looking at a 06 cat 303.5ccr, cab, heat, air, thumb no coupler. About 1400 hours. Apears to be in good shape except for good size dent on the top of the blade. Everything else looks good. Won't budge from $26000.00. Is this a good price? Im using it around my property for stump removal (pine and hardwood 12 to 18" diameter) and for installing drainage. Started off looking at full size backhoes, for snow removal too and kinda switched gears to the mini ex route. Think this will do what i want or should i be looking bigger. Thanks in advance.

son69

I agree, my thoughts is to use it for the summer, get my projects done, hopefully not break anything and sell it in a year or so. Renting is out bc I would need to do things as time allows. I may only haw a few hours at a time. What is the market like for these. I live in the north east if that helps.

Ads

I'm in Australia so I can't help with what the market is like. 1400 hours is good and the price seems to be within the ball park looking on machinery trader, but you need to find out what you can get for it when you sell it to work out the cost per hour of running to justify buying over renting.

Adam.