• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

303.5 Dead hydraulics.

osullt

Update. Removed both solenoids and applied power to both, each seemed kind of lazy. Gave them a squirt of WD40 and refitted. Also released some pressure from the system.

My instinct is that it was the solenoids were stuck.

I Charged the battery started it up and hydraulics worked, jumped in and moved it out of the way...

It could be that one of the relays was shot and I replaced it in the wrong spot so maybe something else won't be working ...

Fluid is contaminated with water...very milky looking...

Next job will be to flush and replace the Hydraulic fluid and do full service and freeing up of entire machine.

(Might even see a bit of paint)

Have project that will see it worked hard for a few weeks...

If anyone has a diagram of the hydraulic system and the places I should bleed it I'd be grateful. Some sources suggest just flushing the system through with lighter oil and changing the filters each time. Is this the best approach?