• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

299D No Auxiliary Hydraulics

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
If you want to go belt & braces on electrical connectors, find some vulcanizing/amalgamating tape and once you have cleaned the connector, applied dieletric grease, and reconnected it, then wrap the outside of the connector in amalgamating tape. You can be pretty sure after that nothing wet will get in from outside. On a machine with an Open ROPS such as yours it might make sense to do this.
https://www.amazon.com/GTSE-Amalgamating-Rubber-Waterproof-Repair/dp/B0859L6NYP/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=self+amalgamating+tape&qid=1649084734&sr=8-5&th=1
Be careful applying too much dielectric grease to smaller connectors, you can potentially "hydraulic" the connector and split it open when you reassemble it.

upload_2022-4-4_16-4-17.pngupload_2022-4-4_16-4-37.png

Jeffrey Bandel

Nice. I've wanted something like that--didn't know it existed. I put about 3 hours on the machine today and got the usual wheel speed sensor warning and the 8v warning. I need to trace that down. The machine is usable but once today it took a few seconds for the aux hydraulics to kick in. Also, I bet the four wheel speed sensors I kept when I replaced are still good.