• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

299 D2 loader arms flexing

ih100

i've spent some time on a 299 D2 XHP over the last couple or weeks. It's my first outing on any Cat CTL, though I've clocked some time on a 257 MTL in recent years. Some of you on here have a lot of experience on these mounts, so is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot of twist on the loader arms when you're using the front bucket? I've been on a new 289 and the arms seem a lot stiffer on that machine with the same size bucket.

ih100

Less than a hundred hours, zero wear, in fact it's still tight getting the grease in. Ride control doesn't seem to make any difference. It isn't a big deal, but the difference in the two machines is noticeable, and I wondered if it's a characteristic of 299's. As I said, I'm new to these bigger tracked skids, and asking more out of curiosity than anything else. I've spent a good bit of time on a 257, and reworked the undercarriage and tracks twice, but that's been it on rubber tracks.

Jfarris

My 289D arms twist way more than my 277B ever did. Hopefully Cat has figured the flex into the engineering on them, since they're obviously trying to save money on manufacturing by looking at the design.

skata

are those the arms prone to cracking around the acess holes on the inner side where hoses pass through?