• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2290 Form

Dickjr.

I went in the other day to pay my tax and register my truck for this year. In the past I had a single axle truck with a tag trailer so 38000 covered it. Since I traded for a tandem and upped my tag to 55 k , the clerk said I needed this 2290 form , and she also said I had it in the past. I have never needed it before. But after looking it starts at 55k. I am unsure how to fill it out , it looks like I will owe 100$ which is not a big deal. The problem , I need to get this filled out and get my tags paid. I swear it seems like when you go in to the clerks office and they find your paper work is not in order , its like they enjoy it or get something out of it. Is there a place on the net that can direct me as to how to fill out this form?

Treetop

Dickjr, you can go to the IRS building on Leestown road in lexington and get it taken care of in a few minutes.