• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2007 F-750

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Hey Bins-

Branding is everything in this business. You need to have your name and number all over every can you have out. Advertising is expensive but a vital part of this business.

Last edited:

mcabbage

Occupation
Building & Remodeling
Hi Bins,
I like the idea of magnetic stencle, simple & cheap!

I dont think people give a sh#@ what they look like, as long as they can read it. (unless maybe your putting cans in million dollar neiborhoods).

Keep us posted and hang in there!
Mike

Earthy

Good info here. Can anyone elaborate on their set up? I am considering a roll of for a c7500 for landscaping. Cab to axle is 12'. Any advice?

mcabbage

Occupation
Building & Remodeling
Hi
I will give it a try,

Ive got GMC 6500 156" cab to axle set up with a 20k Stellar sliding hooklift which is good for containers 12 feet to 18 feet.

I am a building and remodeling contractor and very happy with set up.
we have a 18' cargo box and three open top containers so far 10, 15 & 20 yards. I am planning to add a 18' flatbed sometime soon.

I use the 10 & 15 for disposal on jobs and the 20 yard as dump truck/ or for loads of loam/stone and moving around bobcat & kaboda backhoe etc.

The truck handles the weight great but have had a couple electrical problems. The turning radius is fantastik better than my pickup.

We will rent out the cans every so often but i dont make a living from it yet, I am hoping to get more & more into it.

I got the 156" CA. because i already had the 18' cargo box from my first truck and it was already setup for my tools & stuff. The box fits the wheelbase great without to much overhang at the rear end.

I got the sliding hooklift version to handle the many different lenght things i wanted carry, It's like the swiss army knife of trucks!

The one thing I dont like about it is the bed of the truck is about a foot higher off the ground than without the hooklift but it is handy to drop it on the ground for some things too. I

Hope this helps you
Mike

mcabbage

Occupation
Building & Remodeling
I dont remember exactly but something around 55 degrees.
Nothing stays in there unless its frozen/

Earthy

My understanding is that hook lifts are heavier and more expensive than roll offs. Is that true? What is the weight of your hook lift. What do you gross in the truck?

mcabbage

Occupation
Building & Remodeling
Sorry I dont know anything about roll off's

My hooklift alone is about 3000#
Cab & Chassie with hooklift is 14,120 #
Gvw is 25,900 leaving me about 11,700 #

It works for me because of smaller loads i carry.
I have excavation contractor for larger stuff
we need to do.

Mike

bins

No. I am down from 19 cans to 7 now. Still trying to sell it off.

-RollOff-

I see these smaller drop boxes dieing off in my area also. I think alot of homebuilders primarily used the smaller ones.

Good luck tho and hope things work out in the end.

bins

I am looking to get back in the business again. I miss it. Still think about it regularly.

Thinking of f550 v10 with a small hook. Dont know if I want 10 or 15yd cans.

Any ideas?