• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2006 komatsu wb150 pump problems

backhoe has been great. its got 4500 hours and now the hydraulic pump is chattering making alot of noise. im guessing the pump is bad. but heres my real problem. i cant seem to find a reman or a rebuilt pump. the komatsu guys need 4200 for a new one.. ouch. does anyone know of a place i can send the pump off to have it rebuilt. or do i just bite the bullet and get the pump?

i forgot. everyone here hates komatsu backhoes. forget the komatsu part. do ya got a good place to rebuild hydaulic pumps that may or may not be off a komatsu backhoe...

Good news. Pump is fine. Ended up being a small crack in the hydraulic feeder hose to the pump. It's amazing what just a tiny bit of air in a system can make those pumps chatter. I do think some more people on this site should give up the Komatsu backhoe hating. I've run cats cases and they are all nice machines. Anything beats a shovel

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
@cvconstruction
I really don't think folks on this forum "hate" Komatsu backhoes.
It just might be, Komatsu are fairly new players in the backhoe game & not too many people have had the hands on experience you were looking for. ;)

hammertime

Yeah I don't see hate for any machine really on this site. Out of all the forums I lurk on...This one is by far the best with being respectable and knowledgable and no bashing. I particularly enjoy how no one says this one is better than that one as flame bait. Why can't the others be like this?

Dickjr.

I've used Komatsu backhoes and like the power and response. They are super quiet as well. My dealer quit carrying them because Komatsu America dropped the utility line. When they came out with the 142 I was really considering buying one. The loader didn't stick out as far and the boom design looked good. When I questioned my dealer he said he couldn't sell me one they were being sent back to Komatsu. Go figure.