• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2006 jcb 8080 excavator switching controls??

slade

I have a 2006 jcb 8080 excavator that has a button to change over the control mode, but now it randomly does it on its own??? Any ideas what's causing this?

jcb jeff

Is it the 180 degree swing or the 2 speed tracking?
Or is it ISO to SAE for the hand controls?

Last edited:

jcb jeff

So that means its the ISO to SAE control then, which should look like this and i would say one of the solenoids is playing up or you got a wiring issue also check the switch is ok .
If only one circuit is playing up you could swap the coil/cartridges from left to right or disconnect the coils and see if that holds it in one pattern.sae.JPG

jcb jeff

Forgot to add that this valve change over will be located at the 180 degree pivot area of the cylinder end of the ram under the cab.
Also remember if taking the solenoids out to depressurize the servo /pilot circuit ignition on engine off and wiggle all levers to vent accumulator.

slade

So for the upper boom to be switched fRom one stick to the other that's the only difference between iso and sae? And when you say it's on the end of the ram under the cab what's the best way to achess this? There's a big round plate under the machine will I take that off and go up threw?

jcb jeff

This might help not sure on access but i guess under belly plate or through back of cab if there is a plate .8080.JPG

slade

OK thanks this helps a lot. Im gonna have a look at it this afternoon. I'm sure I'll have more questions then

slade

Looking for a part for a JCB excavator. Part # 25-221942. Solenoid coil. That's the solenoid that failed, switched it with another and fixed the problem. But I still need the coil. Know where I could order this? Dealer is crazy expensive. I'm in newfoundland Canada

jcb jeff

Hi Slade
Not sure as i am in the uk ,is there any number on it to cross reference.

Attachments

• coil.JPG
    coil.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 5