• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2004 kenworth T300 ABS light

gyman98

Good morning everyone, I have a 2004 kenworth t300 that I bought with a blown motor. I put a new (used)c7 cat engine in, I swapped the ecm, every sensor and wiring harness including injectors from my original engine.

Everything seems to work well and it runs great but my abs light is on. No idea if it was on before as the truck didn’t run.

I have a plug-in hanging down near the drivers side bellhousing that I have no idea where it goes. It has a factory tag on it that says TC sensor. I don’t remember unhooking it, not sure if it was ever used.

Would this cause a abs light? If so where does it go? The timing sensors behind the air compressor plug into the engine wiring harness

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
ABS on trucks has its own control module. Most likely on the frame somewhere towards the back, drivers side. Usually similar size and look to an engine ECM. There will be wiring from each wheel which is a speed sensor much like a car. That TC sensor could be it as the traction control utilizes the same wheel speed sensors. I'd check the wires from wheel end towards wherever the control module is. Might also take a quick look at any associated fuses, relays or grounds as well. I assume air brakes as I've never seen a KW that age with juice brakes. Won't hurt anything to run without ABS.

Truck Shop

The ABS is a separate system, check the wheel sensors are pushed all the way in towards the tone ring located at the wheel seal area of each hub. And check the cable
from each sensor is properly connected to harness.

Truck Shop

gyman98

Thanks for the replies guys. I found a pigtail from the tone ring on the trans output shaft that plugged into that mystery plug. Not sure why it was unplugged but anyways it didn’t help still has a abs light on.

I don’t need nor care if the abs works as it is a tandem grain truck with doesn’t pull a trailer, I just don’t like the light on in the dash.

I’ll start looking at all the wheel sensors tomorrow and see what I can find there

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I'm not sure what those would be for. I guess you could make a note of their current positions and give it a whirl lol. I don't recall KW having a self destruct switch or ejector seats :)